Site Reliability Engineering
Effort reduction in report generation
Reduction in incident management
Cost reduction in extended support
One of the leading MSOs in the US encountered difficulties in managing its infrastructure workload. The primary issues were latencies in mitigating incidents and gaps in providing uninterrupted services. The company embarked on an ambitious journey to become a future-ready digital organization.
Tata Elxsi was chosen as the strategic partner of choice for the leading MSO in solving its operations engineering issues.
The leading MSO was facing a challenge with its operations engineering platform, which resulted in an increase in incidents and thus impacting the end customer satisfaction. Some of the major challenges include:
- Inadequate performance parameters to measure platform stability, operations efficiency, and process adherence
- Intertwined, constrained processes and complexity in decision making
SolutionTata Elxsi with its expertise in digital network services sketched the transformation approach below:
- Prioritize incidents, simplify processes, and automate workflows.
- Measure product, platform, and process stability.
- Attack the top 20% of tickets leading to 80% operational issues.
- Gap analysis on platform, product, and process issues.
- Optimization of product and platform-related SLAs.
- 24x7 L1, L2 & L3 applications support based out of US (onsite & near-shore) and India (off-shore).
ImpactThis operations transformation program helped the leading MSO in:
- Reducing the effort in report generation by 60%.
- Gaining insights from value stream mapping of workflows to ease decision-making.
- Introducing dashboards for tracking SLAs and KPIs.
- Automation of critical incidents leading to cost reduction by 25%